Saturday, March 19, 2016

Coven

I'm going to write a handbook on how to live with a demon.It's not that much different than living with Lou.

Except for the hotness. I don't want to fuck Louise. I really want to fuck Nick.

Louise really wants to fuck Nick.

Maxie really wants to fuck Nick.

Thank you CTL for offering to buy my tarts. I didn't know such nice people would visit this blog. I'm sure any blog visitors would want to fuck Nick also.

Maxie (bless her heart) was able to take a lot of the tarts off my hands. She sold them at a discount so I lost money but at least not all of it. And Nick had plenty of tarts left to eat. My demon has a sweet tooth.

Not that he's my demon. I mean, I don't think of him that way. Well I do think of him that way but only in the hotness way. I want to fuck him, I don't want to have him for a boyfriend or anything.

"Whatever he is, send me a dozen," Maxie said when she first laid eyes on him.

"That can be arranged," Nick said and waggled his eyebrows at her.

"No it can't." I grabbed Maxie's arm. "He's bad news with a big bad. Not a nice guy at all."

"Demons usually aren't," Maxie said and I felt my jaw hit the ground.

"What?"

"Did you say demon?" Lou asked. She looked at me in shock.

"You witches are so naive," Nick said. "Don't you even know your own coven leader?"

"What coven?" Lou asked.

"Oh boy." Maxie sighed and looked at Nick. "I was hoping they might figure it out by now..."

"They conjured me with a brownie recipe," Nick said. "Maybe you can help them although they're pretty helpless."

"That's rude," I said.

"Sit down," Maxie said. Without thinking both Lou and I sat. I can't speak for Louise but I realized that I didn't hesitate when Maxie ordered me to sit, I just did it.

Maxie took her time: making tea and placing tarts on plates and we sat docile. It was bizarre. I was getting an inkling of what true witchcraft was and it wasn't anything that I thought. Did Grandma have this kind of power? Could we?

"Your grandmother was a member of my coven," Maxie said sitting down. "I hoped you'd both start to realize that witchcraft is real but apparently even with a demon under your roof you aren't quite cluing in. So here's the thing: there's only one coven in this town and I run it. You don't have to join but it's a good idea especially since you don't know what you're doing yet. And it might take a lot of help to  help with your extermination problem."

"You mean the Velez sisters?" I asked.

"She means Hell hunk," Lou said. "So what exactly is a coven?"

"It's a sorority of witches," Maxie explained, "without college, living together, dorm mothers or bad dates with athletes. Just women sharing recipes, in a sense. Although our recipes are spells. And in some cases, we pitch in for larger problems that need stronger magic."

"Like him?" I indicated Nick who was sitting on my counter eating his third tart.

"Just give me a little assignment and I'll be out of your hair."

"Begone demon." I liked to say it and he never left.

Maxie turned slightly and made a noise that sounded like 'pfft!' while snapping her fingers. He disappeared immediately.

"Count me in," Lou said.

"Me too."

Maxie smiled. "Wonderful. And while we're at it, we can start your training tomorrow."

5 comments:

  1. Bwahahahahaha!

    This is going to be delicious and not just for the tarts! Training should be a riot - I can just see Thea baulking at every turn and Lou just being Lou :D

    Wish we had a pic of this Nick - the imagination can only conjour up so much you know, although it is doing pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Lea, I don't think I'll be that difficult to train although heaven knows that Lou might be. She's pretty darned stubborn (not to mention impossible in almost every way).

      I tried to take a picture of Nick with my phone when he wasn't looking and I ended up calling Hoo Sing's Chinese Restaurant. I ordered some mu-shu and beef broccoli. Later when I tried again I called a lady I met once who waxes women. I made an appointment for my brows.

      Anyway, I don't think a picture will be possible. I might try again but right now I have some left over mu-shu to heat up for lunch. Yum.

      Delete
  2. Umm, sure, ok :D

    Enjoy the beef *snicker*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fear for these ... sisters? cousins? Well, women, anyway. I mean, when they start training - the mind boggles because they aren't exactly operating on all cylinders, are they. Maxie may regret her offer. In fact, Maxie WILL regret her offer, lol. That's my prediction and I'm sticking to it (even though the author could make a liar of me because, well, you know - authorial control and all that professional stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I believe you're right Carolyn - regret is coming... SHould be fun to watch though lol

    ReplyDelete